Saturday 25 July 2015

YSL Beauty

YSL is a gorgeous luxury beauty line. Both the packaging and the product is fantastic! This is my favourite high end brand. 

My favourite product from the line is their volupte sheer candy (the three silver lipsticks) they are my most used lip products. Mositurizing, sheer tint, smell delicious...it's like grown up lipsmackers. Now that sephora is open here in Newfoundland I will be picking up more. 

The rouge volupte and rouge volupte shin lipsticks are crazy pigmented. I need to apply by blotting or with a lip brush. The lipgloss and tint oil have the same scent as the sheer candy.

I have only tried one polish. I picked it up because I loved the colour. I wear it a lot. It's a great grey neutral.  

Eyeshadow. I took the plunge after seeing some awesome posts on Instagram and ordered a palette from sephora. I went with pure chromatics wet dry shadow no 9. Two shades (taupe and champagne) are metallic, pigmented and blend able. They look great together. The other two shades ( gold and grey are matte with glitter flecks. Looking forward to switching some more. 

Mascara. I'm trying a sample of baby doll and I just picked up shocking yesterday at the sephora Avalon opening. Great mascara! Very pleased with my purchase

Also yesterday I picked up the new touché eclait blur perfecting primer. After reading reviews on sephora I had to try it for my self. Looking forward to pairing it with my current foundation, which is le teint encre de peau from YSL.  I'm super picky about foundation. I never wore it for years because I could not find one that was sheer enough for me. I don't like full coverage at all. I used Armani luminous silk for years but it I was using the wrong shade ( I got a close as I could I'm the line. I loved the formula and it didn't make me break out but it was too yellow on me). Last October, while in Halifax on holidays I went to sephora and had them try a bunch of different foundation on me and I really liked this YSL one so I decided to buy it. I hope they keep making it because it's fantastic. 

Touché eclait is an iconic YSL product. I have no 2. I use to highlight my face and line around my lips to make them look bigger. It's definitely worth the money. Trying the blur perfector balm now. It's great for mattifing the t zone without looking chalky. It removed my makeup when I applied during the day. I could have blotted too hard with the sponge it came with. I'm going to have to look up some videos on YouTube about how to use it properly. 

What YSL products do you recommend ? Let me know in the comments 
-B 

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 YSL lipsticks but they're just colours that I know don't suit me (a weird hot pink and a way too nude for my liking nude). I need to pick up some more sheer ones like in the silver containers (but I just love the gold pkging....first world probs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I absolutely love the packaging of YSL, but I haven't actually tried any of their products! I'd definitely go for the volupte lip products though. Would be great if you could check out my recent post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete