Saturday 22 February 2014

Marilyn by Lush

I recently tried Lush's Marilyn hair treatment.  I have never tried a lush hair product before and I decided to go with this one since I have blonde hair.

It took almost 2 weeks to arrive which is ok. Living on an island in eastern Canada  it can take a while for things to come in the mail. Especially if we have weather and the ferries that bring the ground transportation are not running. 

The first think I did was smell it. Lol I have a crazy habit of smelling all my beauty products. And it smells like tea. The main ingredient is chamomile which has brightening properties. My hair is naturally dark blonde with red undertones and I need to be careful what goes on my natural hair or it can turn reddish. So I just applied this to my my hair avoiding the roots.

It is very runny which was my only complaint about this product. The instructions said to cover in a thick coating which was difficult with it not building up and most of it falling in the sink.

I left it on for 20 minutes then washed and conditioned by hair as normal. The result was that my hair was brighter. I took some of the mousyness away from my hair and left it softer and more manageable without weighing it down.

Im not sure how often to use this product but I think I will keep using it once a month until summer. Then I may increase to 2x month. I still need to use a conditioning mask to replish my hair from all the heat styling and harsh winter weather.
If you have blonde hair I suggest trying it. Lush please make this product thicker and easier to apply-B

No comments:

Post a Comment