Sunday 7 February 2016

2016 Makeup Inventory

I got this idea after watching  Elle S's latest video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDyrDno8Cfw)

I took this afternoon and went through my makeup to create my own list (of full and deluxe size samples)

Face Primer 5
Eye Primer 6 (includes 5 MAC Paint Pots)
Correctors 4
Lip Primer 2
Foundation 2
Tinted Moisturizer/BB/CC Creams 2
Pressed/Loose Powder 4
Concealer 2
Brow Products 2
Highlighters  (includes 3 in a palette) 12
Eye Shadow Palettes (large and small) 9
z-palettes 2
Single eyeshadows 77
Pigments 3
Eye Shadow Sticks 5
Eyeliner 25
Mascara 1
Blush 9
Bronzer cream/powder 3
Contour Products 3
Lipliner 11
Lipstick (48 are in MAC palette) 80
Lipgloss 4
Lip Balm/treatment 6
Lashes 4 pkgs
Lash glue 1
Tweezers 2
Nail polish 30
Nail treatment 2
Top/Base Coat 3
Setting Spray 2
Lip Scrub 1
Beauty Blenders 2
Eye Brushes 19
Face Brushes 17


After completing this exercise i went ahead and pulled items for the make-up swap next week and items for the trash bin. There are still a few items I'm on the fence with. I don't use often and i may include them in the swap.

Items thus far for the makeup swap:
Eyeshadow 7
Brushes 3
Nail Polish 8
Face Products 2
Lipstick 4

(Maybes: Highlighter, Foundation and Primer)

Tossed in the trash today
Mascara 4
Lash Primer 2
Concealer 1 (+1 thats in my back-to-MAC pile)
Eyeliner 2
Eyeshadow 5

Thoughts....
I definitely don't need any amount of lipstick considering its the one main beauty item I often skip. The MAC de-potting project was a stupid idea. i had so many lipsticks that I decided depotting them i would see the colours i have and use them more. Wrong. I rarely use them.  They have been depotted a year now in July. Im thinking by the end of the summer they will be tossed and i will use the palettes them selves for blush or shadows.

Im not de-potting shadows ever again. I lost most of them in the process and i rarely reach for my z palettes. The only loose/single shadows i like are MAC so I will be keeping them but going forward I'm not going to buy other loose shadows for the z-palette unless its a shade I'm desperately seeking.

Going forward into 2016. I'm going to use what i have and if i don't like it, it will be given away or put in the trash. Im not limiting myself to no new products but when I purchase new things, something needs to come out of the stash to make room.

My 2016 Wish list so far includes
Burberry Cream Blush, foundation/tint, highlighter, eyeshadow quad
Chanel Cream Blush, eyeshadow quad, les beiges foundation, foundation brush and reformulated nail polish
Charlotte Tilbury Matt Revolution lipstick in very victoria and magic eye cream
Guerlain Meteorites booster
Nars Concealer
Bobbi Brown Liquid Corrector in Light bisque
Chantecaille mascara
Lancome deficinials mascara
La mer lip balm

this exercise definitely puts it into perspective...im going to work on a skin care, fragrance and hair care post as well....great way to start spring cleaning!! :)

xo
B



1 comment:

  1. wholesale cosmetics My partner ALONG WITH my partner and i expected for you to thanks a lot on this superb verify!! MY PERSONAL spouse AS WELL AS when i unquestionably encountering pretty much every little this kind of I've managed to get you saved for you to discover brand-new solutions a person write-up.

    ReplyDelete